So I work in a nursing home as a speech therapist, and a large part of my day is talking to adorable little old men and ladies who are either quite demented or just unabashed to be old and crazy. I jot down some of the funny comments and stories they tell me and want to share them with the world.


11/24/10

Therapist: Finish this... Shoes and...
Ms. Dawson: Chicken.

Ms. Plummer: I wish I had a good man to sleep along side of me because that's the dream.

Ms. Plummer: (After lifting up her shirt to show me where her skin was itchy) Won't nobody play with me now.

Ms. Plummer: I wish I could just find a telephone booth and get on the telephone and get back to North Carolina.

Ms. Plummer: I wish they would hurry up and get the clocks all straightened out and just enjoy themselves.

Therapist: Did you eat lunch?
Ms. Plummer: Yeah, a big old rag.

Ms. Plummer: I like to stat around the men folk.

0 comments:

Followers