So I work in a nursing home as a speech therapist, and a large part of my day is talking to adorable little old men and ladies who are either quite demented or just unabashed to be old and crazy. I jot down some of the funny comments and stories they tell me and want to share them with the world.


Great stories from Oldham on March 8th

Ms. Erwin: [saying lasagna] It's la-john-dga.

Mr. Oldham: You can take a dog deer hunting. You get a little dog, a beagle hound and turn it loose in the woods. It'll find a deer and play with it. The deer ain't afraid of him. He's a little dog. The deer could whoop it if he wanted to, a deer could whoop a man if it wanted to.

Mr. Oldham: When I was in the Army I went squirrel hunting. We shot 2 squirrels and took 'em back. Those ol' Yankees, they were askin' if they were good to eat. I said if you gotta ask, I ain't gonna tell you.

Mr. Oldham: The police don't hang around down there muh. The only thing they hang around there for is to catch me.

Mr. Oldham: [about his childhood] Those girls, they were rough. Almost as rough as me. You go over there in east Birmingham and ask about me. I fought ever since I was knee high to a duck.

0 comments:

Followers