So I work in a nursing home as a speech therapist, and a large part of my day is talking to adorable little old men and ladies who are either quite demented or just unabashed to be old and crazy. I jot down some of the funny comments and stories they tell me and want to share them with the world.


March 20th How many children do you have?

Ms. Latham: I have 10 children. I have 7 brothers and sisters.

Mr. Oldham: When I was in the Army we used to have to go on hikes. Before we go, we'd fill our backpacks up with carrots to eat 'cause there wadn't anything to eat out there. Then when we'd get close to being back, we'd get to trotting to make it look like we done something.

Mr. Oldham: One New Year's Eve we were pretty well lit but we ran out of whiskey. So I went down the street to the filling station and I got a drink of water. They had a fountain outside the station that was hooked up to electricity. It gave me a shock so bad it sent me sober and I was pretty well lit too. And I couldn't get drunk no more that night.

Ms. Harris: My family, we're thick as pie.

Ms. Harris: I get my bath in the evenings usually after I've been dancing and making a racket.

0 comments:

Followers