So I work in a nursing home as a speech therapist, and a large part of my day is talking to adorable little old men and ladies who are either quite demented or just unabashed to be old and crazy. I jot down some of the funny comments and stories they tell me and want to share them with the world.


March 22nd Three kids, right?

Ms. Latham: I have 4 children. I have 5 brothers and sisters.

Ms. Latham: I went where they were cleaning the trucks and I helped wash them.

Ms. Erwin: (when asked if she was hiding under the bed) No! Not me, maybe her! (Ms. Yates) She's worse than me! You can just throw me away!

Ms. Erwin: She has a hard row road way to go.

Ms. Erwin: (about the rain) People just pick them up and throw them out and that's what does it and they want to keep it! I think it's nice nice nice nice nice nice nice but they don't!

Ms. Erwin: Now I know what I know now.

Ms. Erwin: I used to be able to do anything with my hands but now I'm so old and gray and I just sit in one place one place one place.

Ms. Erwin: I don't know why I'm going to have to do it to it.

Ms. Erwin: Some of these old men they will puk puk and look in around and bang! I don't want that!

Ms. Erwin: And I was just sitting here like a horse!

Ms. Harris: I was doing the sewing machine trying to make it fit. (talking about a therapy machine)

Ms. Harris: There's the strangest man down there who did have but half a body, no legs or if he had legs they were close up to is body. He was wearing a shirt that fit him real close and a jacket and he just lay there and didn't move.

Mr. Oldham: I told Gladys she made the ugliest boy I ever did see. He was all bent out of shape and all.

0 comments:

Followers