So I work in a nursing home as a speech therapist, and a large part of my day is talking to adorable little old men and ladies who are either quite demented or just unabashed to be old and crazy. I jot down some of the funny comments and stories they tell me and want to share them with the world.


April 4

Ms. Latham: I have 4 children. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister.

Mr. Oldham: They said I had Social Security and something else but it was going to run out so they moved me over here. Do you know what I'm talking about? Because I don't.

Ms. Erwin: That's nice! That's mi mi mi that's good!

Ms. Hale: They let us sleep late and be in bed so we'll be out of the way and I don't blame them.

Ms. Harris: They came and talked about the booster board to me.

Ms. Harris: I'm so worried about my husband. I don't know why he doesn't call me. Well I know why, I don't have a telephone and he doesn't have a telephone either.

Ms. Harris: Every time I went to write a telephone message, I couldn't remember the telephone number.

Ms. Harris: The town was run by the Catholics. They had houses but they weren't like our house. They made good piegotcha. The guest of it is bread and you fill the bread with cheese and meat and you let it come to process feelin lik it's going to be cheese and milk one day. You have a sauce on it, it's just butter and you spread enough on it to make it good. If you just tasted it it'd be good, the way they make crows feet and all. It came from the Slaivish, I guess, the Slovaks.

0 comments:

Followers